Advances in Environmental Accounting & Management aims to advance knowledge of the governance and management of corporate environmental impacts and the accounting for these, including issues related to measurement, valuation, and disclosure. It also aims to increase the awareness of management, accounting practitioners, investors and other stakeholders of the financial and social consequences of corporate environmental impacts, encouraging greater environmental accountability and responsibility.
Researchers and practitioners are encouraged to submit papers on any social and environmental issue, based on theoretical and empirical research, conceptual arguments and descriptive models.
Coverage includes, but is not limited to the following issues:
- Environmental accounting including, for instance, issues related to the measurement and valuation of environmental costs and liabilities.
- Accountability for environmental issues such as climate change, water scarcity and biodiversity.
- Social/Environmental/Sustainability disclosures, reporting and assurance.
- Environmental management and control systems.
- Social and ethical investing.